All possible synonyms of the word Adjourn as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Adjourn, withdraw, retire
- break from a meeting or gathering; "We adjourned for lunch"; "The men retired to the library"
- seclude, sequester, sequestrate, withdraw: keep away from others; "He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
- meet, gather, assemble, forgather, foregather: collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
- close up, close, fold, shut down, close down: cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
- prorogue: adjourn by royal prerogative; without dissolving the legislative body
Adjourn, recess, break up
- close at the end of a session; "The court adjourned"
- end, stop, finish, terminate, cease: have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical; "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed"; "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"; "My property ends by the bushes"; "The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.