All possible synonyms of the word Adhesive as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- adherent: sticking fast
- agglutinate, agglutinative: united as if by glue
- bondable: capable of holding together or cohering; as particles in a mass
- coherent, tenacious: sticking together; "two coherent sheets"; "tenacious burrs"
- cohesive: causing cohesion; "a cohesive agent"
- gluey, glutinous, gummy, mucilaginous, pasty, sticky, viscid, viscous: having the sticky properties of an adhesive
- gooey, icky: soft and sticky
- gum-like: resembling chewing gum
- gummed, gummy: covered with adhesive gum
- pitchy, resinous, resiny, tarry: having the characteristics of pitch or tar
- self-sealing: seals without the application of moisture; "self-sealing envelopes"
- stick-on: of something (a paper label or postage stamp) gummed in advance; "stick-on labels"
- sticky: covered with an adhesive material
Adhesive material, adhesive agent, adhesive
- a substance that unites or bonds surfaces together
- adhesive material
- adhesive agent
- material, stuff: the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "coal is a hard black material"; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread"
- birdlime, lime: a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- spirit gum: an adhesive solution made of gum and ether and used to attach false hair to skin
- binder: something used to bind separate particles together or facilitate adhesion to a surface
- cement: something that hardens to act as adhesive material
- paste, library paste: an adhesive made from water and flour or starch; used on paper and paperboard
- rubber cement: an adhesive made by dissolving unvulcanized rubber in a solvent like benzene or naphtha
- epoxy, epoxy resin, epoxy glue: a thermosetting resin; used chiefly in strong adhesives and coatings and laminates
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.