All possible synonyms of the word Addict as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- someone who is physiologically dependent on a substance; abrupt deprivation of the substance produces withdrawal symptoms
- drug user, substance abuser, user: a person who takes drugs
- caffeine addict, caffein addict: someone addicted to caffeine
- drug addict, junkie, junky: a narcotics addict
- speed freak: addict who habitually uses stimulant drugs (especially amphetamines)
Addict, nut, freak, junkie, junky
- someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie"
- enthusiast, partisan, partizan: an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity
- gym rat: someone who spends all leisure time playing sports or working out in a gymnasium or health spa
- to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- habituate, accustom: make psychologically or physically used (to something); "She became habituated to the background music"
- use, habituate: take or consume (regularly or habitually); "She uses drugs rarely"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.