All possible synonyms of the word Actuate as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Motivate, actuate, propel, move, prompt, incite
- give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
- affect, impress, move, strike: have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"
- move: arouse sympathy or compassion in; "Her fate moved us all"
- cause, do, make: give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally; "cause a commotion"; "make a stir"; "cause an accident"
Trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off
- put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- set off
- spark off
- trigger off
- touch off
- happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place: come to pass; "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- initiate, pioneer: take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of; "This South African surgeon pioneered heart transplants"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.