All possible synonyms of the word Act upon as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Influence, act upon, work
- have and exert influence or effect; "The artist's work influenced the young painter"; "She worked on her friends to support the political candidate"
- affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch: have an effect upon; "Will the new rules affect me?"
- prejudice, prepossess: influence (somebody's) opinion in advance
- imprint, form: establish or impress firmly in the mind; "We imprint our ideas onto our children"
- militate: have force or influence; bring about an effect or change; "Politeness militated against this opinion being expressed"
- manipulate, pull strings, pull wires: influence or control shrewdly or deviously; "He manipulated public opinion in his favor"
- color, colour: modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
- swing, swing over: influence decisively; "This action swung many votes over to his side"
- blackmail, blackjack, pressure: exert pressure on someone through threats
- carry, persuade, sway: win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters"
- get at: influence by corruption
- fix: influence an event or its outcome by illegal means; "fix a race"
- dominate: be in control; "Her husband completely dominates her"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.