All possible synonyms of the word Acquisitive as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- eager to acquire and possess things especially material possessions or ideas; "an acquisitive mind"; "an acquisitive society in which the craving for material things seems never satisfied"
- acquisitiveness: strong desire to acquire and possess
- accumulative: marked by acquiring or amassing; "we live in an accumulative society"
- avaricious, covetous, grabby, grasping, greedy, prehensile: immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth; "they are avaricious and will do anything for money"; "casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields"; "a grasping old miser"; "grasping commercialism"; "greedy for money and power"; "grew richer and greedier"; "prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees"
- possessive: desirous of owning; "small children are so possessive they will not let others play with their toys"
- plundering: given to taking by force what is desired
- predaceous, predacious, predatory: living by or given to victimizing others for personal gain; "predatory capitalists"; "a predatory, insensate society in which innocence and decency can prove fatal"- Peter S. Prescott; "a predacious kind of animal--the early geological gangster"- W.E.Swinton
- rapacious, ravening, voracious: excessively greedy and grasping; "a rapacious divorcee on the prowl"; "ravening creditors"; "paying taxes to voracious governments"
- sordid: meanly avaricious and mercenary; "sordid avarice"; "sordid material interests"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.