All possible synonyms of the word Ache as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain
- pain, hurting: a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; "the patient developed severe pain and distension"
- toothache, odontalgia: an ache localized in or around a tooth
- backache: an ache localized in the back
- headache, head ache, cephalalgia: pain in the head caused by dilation of cerebral arteries or muscle contractions or a reaction to drugs
- stomachache, stomach ache, bellyache, gastralgia: an ache localized in the stomach or abdominal region
- earache, otalgia: an ache localized in the middle or inner ear
Ache, smart, hurt
- cause to be perceived: have perceptible qualities
- bite, sting, burn: cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort; "The sun burned his face"
- burn: feel hot or painful; "My eyes are burning"
- itch: have or perceive an itch; "I'm itching--the air is so dry!"
- hunger: feel the need to eat
- thirst: feel the need to drink
- act up: make itself felt as a recurring pain; "My arthritis is acting up again"
- throb: pulsate or pound with abnormal force; "my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
- shoot: cause a sharp and sudden pain in; "The pain shot up her leg"
Ache, yearn, yen, pine, languish
- have a desire for something or someone who is not present; "She ached for a cigarette"; "I am pining for my lover"
- hanker, long, yearn: desire strongly or persistently
- die: languish as with love or desire; "She dying for a cigarette"; "I was dying to leave"
Hurt, ache, suffer
- feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
- perceive, comprehend: to become aware of through the senses; "I could perceive the ship coming over the horizon"
- catch, get: suffer from the receipt of; "She will catch hell for this behavior!"
- twinge: feel a sudden sharp, local pain
- prick, sting, twinge: cause a stinging pain; "The needle pricked his skin"
- kill: be the source of great pain for; "These new shoes are killing me!"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.