All possible synonyms of the word Ace inhibitor as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
ACE inhibitor, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor
- an antihypertensive drug that blocks the formation of angiotensin II in the kidney, leading to relaxation of the arteries; promotes the excretion of salt and water by inhibiting the activity of the angiotensin converting enzyme; also used to treat congestive heart failure
- ACE inhibitor
- angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor
- antihypertensive, antihypertensive drug: a drug that reduces high blood pressure
- captopril, Capoten: a drug (trade name Capoten) that blocks the formation of angiotensin in the kidneys resulting in vasodilation; used in the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure
- enalapril, Vasotec: an ACE inhibitor (trade name Vasotec) that blocks the formation of angiotensin in the kidney and so results in vasodilation; administered after heart attacks
- lisinopril, Prinival, Zestril: an ACE inhibiting drug (trade names Prinival or Zestril) administered as an antihypertensive and after heart attacks
- ramipril, Altace: an ACE inhibitor (trade name Altace) used to treat high blood pressure or in some patients who have had a heart attack
- trandolapril, Mavik: an ACE inhibiting drug (trade name Mavik) used in some patients after a heart attack or to treat hypertension
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.