All possible synonyms of the word Acculturation as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- the process of assimilating new ideas into an existing cognitive structure
- education: the gradual process of acquiring knowledge; "education is a preparation for life"; "a girl's education was less important than a boy's"
- all the knowledge and values shared by a society
- content, cognitive content, mental object: the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
- meme: a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes"
Socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation
- the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture; "the socialization of children to the norms of their culture"
- social control: control exerted (actively or passively) by group action
- cultivation: socialization through training and education to develop one's mind or manners; "her cultivation was remarkable"
- breeding, bringing up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing: helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.