All possible synonyms of the word Accompaniment as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- the act of accompanying someone or something in order to protect them
- protection: the activity of protecting someone or something; "the witnesses demanded police protection"
- convoy: the act of escorting while in transit
- something added to complete or embellish or make perfect; "a fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner"; "wild rice was served as an accompaniment to the main dish"
- adjunct: something added to another thing but not an essential part of it
Accompaniment, musical accompaniment, backup, support
- a musical part (vocal or instrumental) that supports or provides background for other musical parts
- musical accompaniment
- part, voice: the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music; "he tried to sing the tenor part"
- descant, discant: a decorative musical accompaniment (often improvised) added above a basic melody
- vamp: an improvised musical accompaniment
Accompaniment, concomitant, attendant, co-occurrence
- an event or situation that happens at the same time as or in connection with another
- happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event: an event that happens
- associate: any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another; "first was the lightning and then its thunderous associate"
- background: relatively unimportant or inconspicuous accompanying situation; "when the rain came he could hear the sound of thunder in the background"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.