All possible synonyms of the word Accident as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Accident, stroke, fortuity, chance event
- anything that happens suddenly or by chance without an apparent cause; "winning the lottery was a happy accident"; "the pregnancy was a stroke of bad luck"; "it was due to an accident or fortuity"
- chance event
- happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event: an event that happens
- hap: an accidental happening; "he recorded all the little haps and mishaps of his life"
- break, good luck, happy chance: an unexpected piece of good luck; "he finally got his big break"
- coincidence, happenstance: an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental
- lottery: something that is regarded as a chance event; "the election was just a lottery to them"
- an unfortunate mishap; especially one causing damage or injury
- mishap, misadventure, mischance: an instance of misfortune
- collision: an accident resulting from violent impact of a moving object; "three passengers were killed in the collision"; "the collision of the two ships resulted in a serious oil spill"
- crash, wreck: a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles); "they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
- injury, accidental injury: an accident that results in physical damage or hurt
- shipwreck, wreck: an accident that destroys a ship at sea
- fatal accident, casualty: an accident that causes someone to die
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.