All possible synonyms of the word Acceptation as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Adoption, acceptance, acceptation, espousal
- the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
- blessing, approval, approving: the formal act of approving; "he gave the project his blessing"; "his decision merited the approval of any sensible person"
- embrace, bosom: a close affectionate and protective acceptance; "his willing embrace of new ideas"; "in the bosom of the family"
Word meaning, word sense, acceptation
- the accepted meaning of a word
- word meaning
- word sense
- sense, signified: the meaning of a word or expression; the way in which a word or expression or situation can be interpreted; "the dictionary gave several senses for the word"; "in the best sense charity is really a duty"; "the signifier is linked to the signified"
- acceptance as true or valid
- acceptance: the state of being acceptable and accepted; "torn jeans received no acceptance at the country club"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.