All possible synonyms of the word Accentuate as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Stress, accent, accentuate
- put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
- pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way; "She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
Stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate
- to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
- express, show, evince: give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
- background, play down, downplay: understate the importance or quality of; "he played down his royal ancestry"
- bring out, set off: direct attention to, as if by means of contrast; "This dress accentuates your nice figure!"; "I set off these words by brackets"
- re-emphasise, re-emphasize: emphasize anew; "The director re-emphasized the need for greater productivity"
- bear down: pay special attention to; "The lectures bore down on the political background"
- topicalize: emphasize by putting heavy stress on or by moving to the front of the sentence; "Speakers topicalize more often than they realize"; "The object of the sentence is topicalized in what linguists call `Yiddish Movement'"
- point up: emphasize, especially by identification; "This novel points up the racial problems in England"
- drive home, ram home, press home: make clear by special emphasis and try to convince somebody of something; "drive home a point or an argument"; "I'm trying to drive home these basic ideas"
- underscore, underline, emphasize, emphasise: give extra weight to (a communication); "Her gesture emphasized her words"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.