All possible synonyms of the word Accent mark as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Accent, accent mark
- a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
- diacritical mark, diacritic: a mark added to a letter to indicate a special pronunciation
- language, linguistic communication: a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols; "he taught foreign languages"; "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"; "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
- stress mark: a mark indicating the stress on a syllable
- acute accent, acute, ague: a mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- grave accent, grave: a mark (`) placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.