All possible synonyms of the word Accelerator as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Accelerator, particle accelerator, atom smasher
- a scientific instrument that increases the kinetic energy of charged particles
- particle accelerator
- atom smasher
- scientific instrument: an instrument used by scientists
- betatron, induction accelerator: accelerates a continuous beam of electrons to high speeds by means of the electric field produced by changing magnetic flux
- charge-exchange accelerator: an accelerator in which high-energy ions escape from plasma following charge exchange
- Cockcroft and Walton accelerator, Cockcroft-Walton accelerator, Cockcroft and Walton voltage multiplier, Cockcroft-Walton voltage multiplier: a high-voltage machine in which rectifiers charge capacitors that discharge and drive charged particles through an accelerating tube
- collider: an accelerator in which two beams of particles are forced to collide head on
- cyclotron: an accelerator that imparts energies of several million electron-volts to rapidly moving particles
- linear accelerator, linac: ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path
- storage ring: container consisting of a set of magnets set in a doughnut-shaped ring around which charged particles from an accelerator can be kept circulating until they are used
- (chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected
- activator: (biology) any agency bringing about activation; a molecule that increases the activity of an enzyme or a protein that increases the production of a gene product in DNA transcription
- chemistry, chemical science: the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions
- biocatalyst: a biochemical catalyst such as an enzyme
- enzyme: any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions
- platinum black: a fine black powder of platinum; used as a catalyst in chemical reactions
Accelerator, throttle, throttle valve
- a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine
- throttle valve
- valve: control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- fuel system: equipment in a motor vehicle or aircraft that delivers fuel to the engine
Accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun
- a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
- accelerator pedal
- gas pedal
- pedal, treadle, foot pedal, foot lever: a lever that is operated with the foot
- car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar: a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- airplane, aeroplane, plane: an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; "the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.