All possible synonyms of the word Acceleration as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- (physics) a rate of increase of velocity
- rate: a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- physics, natural philosophy: the science of matter and energy and their interactions; "his favorite subject was physics"
- angular acceleration: (physics) the rate of change of the angular velocity of a rotating body
- centripetal acceleration: the acceleration toward the center that holds a satellite in elliptical orbit
Acceleration, quickening, speedup
- the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
- speed, speeding, hurrying: changing location rapidly
- an increase in rate of change; "modern science caused an acceleration of cultural change"
- change, alteration, modification: an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; "the change was intended to increase sales"; "this storm is certainly a change for the worse"; "the neighborhood had undergone few modifications since his last visit years ago"
- pickup, getaway: the attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration; "his car has a lot of pickup"
- precipitation: an unexpected acceleration or hastening; "he is responsible for the precipitation of his own demise"
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.