All possible synonyms of the word Abstract thought as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- thinking that is coherent and logical
- logical thinking
- abstract thought
- thinking, thought, thought process, cerebration, intellection, mentation: the process of using your mind to consider something carefully; "thinking always made him frown"; "she paused for thought"
- analysis, analytic thinking: the abstract separation of a whole into its constituent parts in order to study the parts and their relations
- argumentation, logical argument, argument, line of reasoning, line: a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning; "I can't follow your line of reasoning"
- conjecture: reasoning that involves the formation of conclusions from incomplete evidence
- deduction, deductive reasoning, synthesis: reasoning from the general to the particular (or from cause to effect)
- inference, illation: the reasoning involved in drawing a conclusion or making a logical judgment on the basis of circumstantial evidence and prior conclusions rather than on the basis of direct observation
- prediction, anticipation, prevision: the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
- ratiocination: logical and methodical reasoning
- regress, reasoning backward: the reasoning involved when you assume the conclusion is true and reason backward to the evidence
- synthesis, synthetic thinking: the combination of ideas into a complex whole
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.