All possible synonyms of the word Abstemious as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- marked by temperance in indulgence; "abstemious with the use of adverbs"; "a light eater"; "a light smoker"; "ate a light supper"
- temperate: not extreme in behavior; "temperate in his habits"; "a temperate response to an insult"; "temperate in his eating and drinking"
- sparing in consumption of especially food and drink; "the pleasures of the table, never of much consequence to one naturally abstemious"- John Galsworthy
- nonindulgent, strict: characterized by strictness, severity, or restraint
- abstemiousness: moderation in eating and drinking
- abstinent, abstentious: self-restraining; not indulging an appetite especially for food or drink; "not totally abstinent but abstemious"
- ascetic, ascetical, austere, spartan: practicing great self-denial; "Be systematically ascetic...do...something for no other reason than that you would rather not do it"- William James; "a desert nomad's austere life"; "a spartan diet"; "a spartan existence"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.