All possible synonyms of the word Absorbent as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- having power or capacity or tendency to absorb or soak up something (liquids or energy etc.); "as absorbent as a sponge"
- absorbency: the property of being absorbent
- absorbefacient, sorbefacient: inducing or promoting absorption
- assimilating, assimilative, assimilatory: capable of taking (gas, light, or liquids) into a solution; "an assimilative substance
- hygroscopic: absorbing moisture (as from the air)
- receptive: able to absorb liquid (not repellent); "the paper is ink-receptive"
- shock-absorbent: having the capacity to absorb the energy of an impact; "the material absorbs shock and is used for shock-absorbent insoles"
- spongy, spongelike: like a sponge in being able to absorb liquids and yield it back when compressed
- thirsty: able to take in large quantities of moisture; "thirsty towels"
Absorbent material, absorbent
- a material having capacity or tendency to absorb another substance
- absorbent material
- sorbent, sorbent material: a material that sorbs another substance; i.e. that has the capacity or tendency to take it up by either absorption or adsorption
- sponge: a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used
- absorber: (physics) material in a nuclear reactor that absorbs radiation
- absorbent cotton: cotton made absorbent by removal of the natural wax
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.