All possible synonyms of the word Absolution as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Absolution, remission, remittal, remission of sin
- the act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- remission of sin
- redemption, salvation: (theology) the act of delivering from sin or saving from evil
- penance: a Catholic sacrament; repentance and confession and atonement and absolution
- indulgence: the remission by the pope of the temporal punishment in purgatory that is still due for sins even after absolution; "in the Middle Ages the unrestricted sale of indulgences by pardoners became a widespread abuse"
- the condition of being formally forgiven by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- condition, status: a state at a particular time; "a condition (or state) of disrepair"; "the current status of the arms negotiations"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.