All possible synonyms of the word Absence seizure as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Absence, absence seizure
- the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered), sometimes with light twitching, fluttering eyelids, etc.; common in petit mal epilepsy
- seizure, ictus, raptus: a sudden occurrence (or recurrence) of a disease; "he suffered an epileptic seizure"
- petit mal epilepsy, petit mal, epilepsia minor: epilepsy characterized by paroxysmal attacks of brief clouding of consciousness (and possibly other abnormalities); "she has been suffering from petit mal since childhood"
- complex absence: an absence seizure accompanied by other abnormalities (atonia or automatisms or vasomotor changes)
- pure absence, simple absence: an absence seizure without other complications; followed by 3-per-sec brainwave spikes
- subclinical absence: a transient impairment of cortical function demonstrable only by 3-per-second brainwave spikes
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.