All possible synonyms of the word Abseil as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- (mountaineering) a descent of a vertical cliff or wall made by using a doubled rope that is fixed to a higher point and wrapped around the body
- descent: the act of changing your location in a downward direction
- mountain climbing, mountaineering: the activity of climbing a mountain
Rappel, abseil, rope down
- lower oneself with a rope coiled around the body from a mountainside; "The ascent was easy--roping down the mountain would be much more difficult and dangerous"; "You have to learn how to abseil when you want to do technical climbing"
- descend, fall, go down, come down: move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again"
- mountaineer: climb mountains for pleasure as a sport
- sport, athletics: an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.