All possible synonyms of the word Abrasion as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Grinding, abrasion, attrition, detrition
- the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- friction, rubbing: the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another
Abrasion, attrition, corrasion, detrition
- erosion, eroding, eating away, wearing, wearing away: (geology) the mechanical process of wearing or grinding something down (as by particles washing over it)
Abrasion, scratch, scrape, excoriation
- an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- wound, lesion: an injury to living tissue (especially an injury involving a cut or break in the skin)
- graze: a superficial abrasion
- rope burn: abrasion (usually on the hands) caused by friction from a rope
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.