All possible synonyms of the word Abolitionist as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- a reformer who favors abolishing slavery
- reformer, reformist, crusader, social reformer, meliorist: a disputant who advocates reform
- Beecher, Henry Ward Beecher: United States clergyman who was a leader for the abolition of slavery (1813-1887)
- Brown, John Brown: abolitionist who was hanged after leading an unsuccessful raid at Harper's Ferry, Virginia (1800-1859)
- Douglass, Frederick Douglass: United States abolitionist who escaped from slavery and became an influential writer and lecturer in the North (1817-1895)
- Garrison, William Lloyd Garrison: United States abolitionist who published an anti-slavery journal (1805-1879)
- Stowe, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Harriet Elizabeth Beecher Stowe: United States writer of a novel about slavery that advanced the abolitionists' cause (1811-1896)
- Tappan, Arthur Tappan: United States abolitionist (1786-1865)
- Truth, Sojourner Truth: United States abolitionist and feminist who was freed from slavery and became a leading advocate of the abolition of slavery and for the rights of women (1797-1883)
- Tubman, Harriet Tubman: United States abolitionist born a slave on a plantation in Maryland and became a famous conductor on the Underground Railroad leading other slaves to freedom in the North (1820-1913)
- Weld, Theodore Dwight Weld: United States abolitionist (1803-1895)
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.