All possible synonyms of the word Abide by as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
Respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe
- show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
- abide by
- accept: consider or hold as true; "I cannot accept the dogma of this church"; "accept an argument"
- lionize, lionise, celebrate: assign great social importance to; "The film director was celebrated all over Hollywood"; "The tenor was lionized in Vienna"
- tolerate: recognize and respect (rights and beliefs of others); "We must tolerate the religions of others"
Comply, follow, abide by
- act in accordance with someone's rules, commands, or wishes; "He complied with my instructions"; "You must comply or else!"; "Follow these simple rules"; "abide by the rules"
- stick to, stick with, follow: keep to; "Stick to your principles"; "stick to the diet"
- adopt, follow, espouse: choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement"; "The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
- oblige, accommodate: provide a service or favor for someone; "We had to oblige him"
- toe the line: do what is expected
- conform to: observe; "conform to the rules"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.