All possible synonyms of the word Abbreviation as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- shortening something by omitting parts of it
- shortening: act of decreasing in length; "the dress needs shortening"
- a shortened form of a word or phrase
- form, word form, signifier, descriptor: the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something; "the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached"
- apocope: abbreviation of a word by omitting the final sound or sounds; "the British get `pud' from `pudding' by apocope"
Usage domain members
- appro: an informal British abbreviation of approval; "he accepted it on appro"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.