All possible synonyms of the word Abbreviate as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- shorten; "Abbreviate `New York' and write `NY'"
- reduce: make less complex; "reduce a problem to a single question"
Abridge, foreshorten, abbreviate, shorten, cut, contract, reduce
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
- decrease, lessen, minify: make smaller; "He decreased his staff"
- bowdlerize, bowdlerise, expurgate, castrate, shorten: edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate; "bowdlerize a novel"
- digest, condense, concentrate: make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
- edit, cut, edit out: cut and assemble the components of; "edit film"; "cut recording tape"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.