All possible synonyms of the word Abatement as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- the act of abating; "laws enforcing noise abatement"
- moderation, mitigation: the action of lessening in severity or intensity; "the object being control or moderation of economic depressions"
- abatement of a nuisance, nuisance abatement: (law) the removal or termination or destruction of something that has been found to be a nuisance
Suspension, respite, reprieve, hiatus, abatement
- an interruption in the intensity or amount of something
- interruption, break: some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity; "the telephone is an annoying interruption"; "there was a break in the action when a player was hurt"
- defervescence: abatement of a fever as indicated by a reduction in body temperature
- remission, remittal, subsidence: an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease); "his cancer is in remission"
© 2018 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.