All possible synonyms of the word Abandonment as well as its hypernyms, hyponyms, antonyms, derivations, entailments, meronyms, pertainyms, domain members, similar words, verb groups, and so on...
- the voluntary surrender of property (or a right to property) without attempting to reclaim it or give it away
- disposal, disposition: the act or means of getting rid of something
- discard, throwing away: getting rid something that is regarded as useless or undesirable
- discard: (cards) the act of throwing out a useless card or of failing to follow suit
Desertion, abandonment, defection
- withdrawing support or help despite allegiance or responsibility; "his abandonment of his wife and children left them penniless"
- withdrawal: the act of withdrawing; "the withdrawal of French troops from Vietnam"
- abscondment, decampment: the act of running away secretly (as to avoid arrest)
- absence without leave, unauthorized absence: unauthorized military absence
- deviationism: ideological defection from the party line (especially from orthodox communism)
Abandonment, forsaking, desertion
- the act of giving something up
- rejection: the act of rejecting something; "his proposals were met with rejection"
- exposure: abandoning without shelter or protection (as by leaving as infant out in the open)
- apostasy, tergiversation: the act of abandoning a party for cause
- bolt: a sudden abandonment (as from a political party)
© 2017 - Twitter Brooks Ltd.